Wednesday, April 3, 2013

For the most part I do not believe in regrets. I believe everything happens for a reason and you can find a positive in everything. It makes you a bigger, better and stronger person. But I regret the day I decided to take out my inner frustrations on my body with a blade. The result is that I struggle with the desire most days and even worse on days when I am feeling the most insecure and vulnerable.

I hate feeling insecure. If my childhood could be different, I would want more than anything to have come out of it less insecure about my relationships with others and my own self-worth. I know for the most part I'm "a catch." I'm a great friend, when i am in a relationship with someone I love with everything I have and want nothing more for them to be happy. I take pleasure in surprising people just to see them smile. I'm pretty smart. I'm ok looking. I've gone to school.

 But self doubt creeps in. I lose sleep, work suffers, I second guess everything about every relationship I have and need constant reassurance. The only way I know how to deal is to cut, and I am so determined not to. The last time I did was in September, you'd think I would be over it no?

I would do anything for a job interview. I've sent alot of applications out and I feel so insecure and it is making me feel so insecure about EVERYTHING. What if I don't get a job and am stuck near my parents working some minimum wage job? WHat if I really am meant to follow in my family's footsteps!!

I found a new artist "Allison's invention." Her song "Ran" is spurring me from the downward spiral of self destruction that I am very close to the brink of. Here are the lyrics, I like them alot.

Ran


"Hey Little Girl 

where do you think you're going
you've been trying to prove yourself
a long long time. 
Who are you now
with all those demons lurking
getting this far 
has been a long long climb

She ran to the corner
just to prove that she wasn't afraid
she crossed the street without looking
over the bridge that led to downtown
Took a breath of the city air
and she had herself a look around

and sometimes she started one way
and sometimes she started for another
But the thing she'd never understand
was why she was always running from mother

Hey little girl
I know those ghosts that ride you
they're bound to catch you baby
in the end
In all your dreams 
you suddenly grow wings
And at the last moment
you start to ascend

Questions remain that you may never answer
untold secrets taken to her grave
who do you fear most
is it her or you
twenty years later
you're still trying to be brave

No comments:

Post a Comment